The purpose of HOSA is to advance the education and welfare of its members in the following ways:
- by assisting local chapters in the growth and development of HOSA;
- by furthering the development of respect for education in health-related careers in order to contribute to occupational competence;
- by providing opportunities for well informed career choices among the health occupations;
- by developing the leadership abilities of its members through a professional student organization program of motivation, awareness, competition and recognition;
- by developing an understanding of current health care issues and an awareness of environmental concerns;
- by developing character, promoting responsible citizenship and fostering patriotism; and
- by encouraging mental and physical health through participation in beneficial social activities.
To enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill and leadership development of all health occupations students; therefore, helping the students to meet the needs of the health care community.