- The prospective advisor contacts the state headquarters office to be put on the contact list.
Bailee Gardunio, Colorado HOSA State Advisor
9101 E Lowry Blvd
Denver, CO 80230
- Colorado HOSA will send you an affiliation packet.
- The advisor and lead students meet and review the material in the packet.
- To start a chapter there must be at least 1 advisor and 5 students.
- The advisor obtains approval to establish a HOSA chapter at their school from their administrator.
- Colorado HOSA will give
- A membership drive is held and an orientation presentation is given to the target students.
- Additional support and resources are available by contacting the Colorado HOSA Headquarters (see above).
- Local chapter will register all members through National HOSA online.
- Chapter guidelines are established for a local officer election and chapter officers are elected.
- A method for collecting funds and paying bills is established according to the school / district policy.
- Yearly student dues are $20 (state – $10 and national – $10). All Colorado HOSA students must be a member of both the state and national organization. In addition, a chapter may elect to collect local chapter dues.
- Yearly advisor/professional dues are $20 (state – $10 and national – $10). All Colorado HOSA advisors must be a member of both the state and national organization.
- Dues monies are collected and deposited into the proper account established at the educational/industry agency.
- Chapter membership (state and national) is completed directly on-line to National HOSA @ www.hosa.org. Each chapter is assigned a chapter # and password. Contact National HOSA, 800.321.HOSA (phone 800-321-4672), or the Colorado HOSA State Advisor to complete this step.
- Local chapter by-laws are developed and voted on by the membership and kept in a file.
- A program of work for the year that sets goals and plans for the year is developed by the membership.